The Health of 700 dogs is in Your Hands!
Please help us vaccinate 700 dogs by March 31, 2021.
Vaccination is one of the most advanced techniques that modern medicine uses to prevent and control contagious diseases on both humans and animals. As a responsible dog owner, you take your dog(s) to the veterinarian each year for his or her vaccines to protect them against various contagious and lethal diseases which would be very expensive to treat.
Thus, vaccination is a responsible attitude. It saves lives.
There are countries around the globe which completely eradicated rabies, after years of sustained vaccination programs nationwide. We all know that rabies is a devastating disease, lethal to both people and animals.
In Romania, rabies cases are extremely rare, and the disease is kept under control, according to the authorities. A few years ago, rabies was a problem in Romania, but thanks to well coordinated nationwide programs and EU support, Romania has less worries regarding rabies.
HELP VACCINATE A DOG
Your donation saves #roldadogs lives! Help us get dogs vaccinated!
Stray dogs are exposed to rabies due to their frequent contact with wild animals. Strays are also exposed to diseases like distemper, or parvovirosis, and hepatitis – viruses which have high mortality rates, especially amongst puppies.
But all these viruses can be prevented with a simple vaccine.
One of the best annually administrated vaccines for dogs on the Romanian market costs 5 EUR. This vaccine prevents contagious diseases to appear, spread and claim innocent victims.
It’s widely believed that only mutts or common dog breeds are disposed of like trash … but it’s not true. ALL dogs are abandoned. At -15C, our Rescue Team spotted 5 tiny dogs who had been abandoned and left to die on the edge of the road. They were trying to keep each other warm. Their small, delicate legs were frozen. They are 5 pups in total: 2 males and 3 females, Shih-Tzu mix. They need a vaccine and to be placed in quarantine for 21 days.
Because they are puppies, the vaccine must be repeated for complete immunization. This means that for each puppy welcomed in our shelter, the cost of vaccination is 10 EUR.
You are the only chance they have!
5 EUR for a dog vaccine which will protect a dog against 7 diseases which would be expensive, or sometimes impossible to cure.
In early 2021, both our shelters have approx. 700 dogs.
A total of 3500 EUR is needed to vaccinate all our dogs.
If we don’t vaccinate all our dogs by March 31, 2021, ROLDA will:
- Be removed from TRACES and all adoptions will stop;
- Face huge veterinary bills and see unhealthy dogs exposed to horrible, life threatening diseases;
- Risk exposing staff to infections;
- Face closure of its shelters;
- Be forced to stop and we will be incapable of saving more dogs from the streets.
Why is dog vaccination a priority?
Annual vaccination is vital in a shelter full of dogs, where lots of new rescues can transmit untreated diseases:
- Distemper leaves permanent nervous damages on adult dogs, while 99,9% of puppies don’t survive it. Diseases like parvo are nearly impossible to control and prevent its spreading to new saved pups or weaker adults.
- ROLDA shelter is registered in TRACES, and this is a vital condition for our charity to continue to rehome our dogs abroad. To stay in TRACES, we need to have a disease control strategy. Prevention is the cheapest way to limit mass spreading of diseases, especially in a very busy shelter like ours.
- We have a moral duty to all the adopting families to deliver healthy dogs.
- We have a moral duty to keep our staff and our shelters’ visitors healthy and not expose them to infection risk.
Healthy dogs equal happy dogs, happy staff, happy adopters, safe working conditions …and in the end, happy supporters who see that their donations are put at work for the animals.
BE PART OF THE SOLUTION
HELP VACCINATE OUR DOGS