President message 2021
Dear special friend of ROLDA,
You would guess I will start writing about a dog story.
No, this time I will write about you because no matter how desperate I am to save dogs in need in Romania, no matter how this consumes me every day, this is not everything that makes me who I am. I want to be better, to avoid mistakes, I struggle to communicate and rise to your expectations, I am desperate to deliver you good news about a rescued dog not just because I care about each and every dog, but because I want you to be happy when you support us, I want you to feel respected, appreciated and correctly informed.
In brief, today I write about you and how important you are in my life because you make me be better, more responsible, more receptive to supporters wishes, and part of a community, the ROLDA community, spread all over the World where we share same values, dreams, and ethical principles.
I thank you from all my heart for being an amazing ROLDA supporter and for not giving up on me when I delayed replying to an email when I failed to save a dog (even if my whole team tried everything) when you understand my actions and ROLDA programs, when I asked too often, too much.
Your moral and financial support made ROLDA shine in our rescue missions or at least keep going in the worst moments.
You will be pleased to know that:
● after summer months of hell struggling, we restored water for the dogs from large shelter;
● the dogs saved from local PS early this year were rehomed in the UK, US and Canada, living a better life then ROLDA team does;
● during 2021 we successfully rehomed dogs in Sweden and Switzerland too;
● despite the horrible travel restrictions we were fortunate to welcome volunteers visitors from Switzerland who helped us to create a calendar 2022 to raise funds;
● the spayathons held in different villages from Galati county were completed by regular sterilizations which we started to offer to poor pets from community of Smardan beginning with September month;
● we created two more websites, one to cover the crypto donations and the other, put at disposal of families who lost their pets and decide to create a fundraising in memory of their furever buddy;
● we celebrated 15 years anniversary together with team, foreign affiliates, incredible supporters;
● we created the first products that were delivered for free around the World to our Ambassadors;
● due to increased abandon of dogs, which added to an already enormous strays population, ROLDA started the first ever National Study in Romania to find out why Romanians tend to abandon their dog, to go to roots of dogs behavior problems and work together with the owners to prevent/limit these abandons;
● working with specialists, we created the first even online ABC for kids who need guidance to learn to look after their furry buddies responsibly, to offer them (under the adults supervision) the correct assistance and care;
● we managed to stretch every dollar hard enough to also reach animals in Tulcea (a different county across Danube river) working together with some local volunteers…
…and we hope we will not stop here but wisely spend every dollar or euro received to make more good for animals in Romania, a poor country where homeless dogs but also pets from poor community struggle and deserve a better life.
Together with entire ROLDA team, we would like to thank you once again, but ever enough for your support and I hope that every time we give you a good news or need support, to look around and not be alone.
We wish you good health, Holidays with peace, silence and a Happy New Year!