Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organization of interest to the donors will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or employee of the organization.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing list.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Get access to ROLDA Latest Financial reports’ page.
Support ROLDA Dogs Today!
Will you spare 10 EUR/month to sponsor food for one dog? Click here to choose the lucky dog which will get your generous gift.