Volunteer with us
Top reasons to volunteer with us!
1. Be part of the solution!
2. Meet our dogs!
3. Meet a new side of yourself!
4. Learn more about the animals you care for!
5. Enjoy a forest of wagging tails and smiles!
6. Discover a different culture!
“Coming to Romania it’s like traveling back in time! “
Pia (volunteer from Norway)
ROLDA shelters are located 7-10 km from Galati (an industrial town, also port of Danube River). Although there is not much to be explored locally, we are fairly close to a number of interesting destinations which you shouldn’t miss!
After your visiting/working time at the shelter ends, we can help you choose among other nice places to visit while you are still in Romania:
- Medieval sites
- Danube Delta for wild horses or bird watching
- Black Sea resorts for excellent spa treatments
- Black Sea cruise – reservations must be made upfront
- Visit Bucovina and wood churches
- Moldavia painted monasteries
- Visit Dracula castle
- Taste Romanian cuisine
- Hiking in the Carpathian Mountains
- Discover Romanian caves
Are you ready?
Complete the volunteering form to tell us more about yourself.
Currently the accommodation in our own cottage is not possible, because it needs capital repairs. Hostel Alexia is located 10 minutes driving from the shelters and it costs 20EUR/night/room. Only a minute walking there is a clean and nice small fast-food (cooked, good hot meals) from where you can take away lunch or dinner.
Nearest airport: Bucharest Otopeni.
Time to drive from Bucharest-Galati: 4 hours.
Time to go by train from Bucharest-Galati : approx 5 hours (you need to take a taxi from Bucharest airport to Bucharest Gara Nord train station)
You can’t travel to Romania?
You still can help as a virtual volunteer!
Read here what others have to say after visiting us!