Be a voice for 200 dogs left starve
by one of richest men in the World’ steel company
photo: This is one of the dogs dead a few meters from the steel plant fence. Stephan, a volunteer from Belgium spotted him. We are extremely worried that other dogs will be soon found dead mysteriously.
ROLDA dogs demand for justice. Join us to speak up for them! Help us send a powerful message to Mr. Mittal and ask him to investigate the abuses committed at his steel plant in Romania! As a result of these abuses, 630 dogs’ future is uncertain while 200 of them were left to starve to death.
Only because of ROLDA team ‘ tremendous efforts, the situation isn’t worse than already described.
What the steel company did:
- Stopped the promised investments, vital for good functionality of the shelter
- Left 200 starve to death by refusing to pay the costs necessary for daily maintenance
- Canceled the sewage machine, offered for free to the shelter since 2008, creating an imminent risk for dogs but also for the staff.
- A top manager threaten and blackmailed our charity
- Refused to respond transparently what it will happen with the approx. 1500 dogs estimated to exist currently inside the steel plant, considering that in the past, an important number of dogs belong to the steel company were discovered death across Danube and in summer of 2007 some dogs were “accidentally” poisoned by a company contracted by the steel plant.
The future of approx. 1500 dogs is very uncertain. Right as you read this, these dogs have no source of food, because the steel company employees are forbidden as by internal regulation to feed them.
photo: 12 paddocks. 120 kennels. 630 dogs.
What ROLDA did:
- Reduced using humane methods (sterilizations and international adoptions campaigns) 70% of the total stray dogs from the steel plant.
(Note: the steel plant surface is 16 square km = 6.18 square miles)
- Between 2007-2014 functioned without water and electricity, using a generator for dogs’ basic services.
- As a result of the steel plant’ repeated refusal to build running spaces for the dogs daily exercise, ROLDA had to buy a new piece of land, move fencing and access road to start building the exercise pens using private donations.
What happens now:
Because ROLDA is taking legal actions against the repeated abuses made by the steel plant, little can be made public.
However, it is a fact that ROLDA has to find:
- Sponsors to cover the daily costs for 200 dogs which the steel plant refuses to pay for.
- Donations for the investments necessary for the shelter, keeping in mind that these investments had to be made by the steel plant, since 2008.
- Money to pay the sewage machine which is needed frequently and which was provided for free by the steel plant since 2008.
- Funds to rescue new dogs in need of our help.
How you can help:
200 dogs need your help. Sponsor Them All for 25 EUR/month
NO PayPal account Needed
200 dogs were simply disposed like garbage and ignored by one of the biggest company from Europe which obviously can afford to look after these souls. We remind you that these dogs were collected from the steel plant, which belongs to one of the richest men in the World. Most of ROLDA supporters are not “rich” but have a rich heart. They are compassionate, generous and willing to stop abuses and the hunger of 200 dogs left to starve to death.
Together, we can make our voice heard even in the richest offices from this World. Mr. Mittal must hear us and make justice for the dogs!