Adoption Center history
You are A Part of the small sanctuary’s History
- 2003 – ROLDA sanctuary’s building started
Initially, the shelter was made by wood, following a British model. It has 10 kennels and 2 quarantine spaces. In addition, a ruin purchased together with the land was transformed into a cottage to provide decent accommodation for the international volunteers.
- 2004 – Animal People newspaper’ journalists visited and top-rated this shelter, after evaluating 17 other shelters from Romania and other Eastern European countries
- 2005 – ROLDA built the second block of 10 kennels, using insulated, fireproof materials.
- 2006 – The shelter was visited by Loretta Swit, the actress from M.A.S.H. TV series, a well-known animal activist.
2006, summer – A WSPA representative visited the shelter.
2009-2010 – A new water source was dig and the wood paddocks renovated.
2010 – It was top-rated again the best dog shelter in Romania.
2011 – Three sides of the fencing were replaced.
2013, October – The shelter which includes now a modern dog housing facility, was nominated for the third time the best dog shelter from Romania.
- 2014 – Maintenance work and small repairs done as well as built the 4th side of the fencing.
- 2015 – Finished the 4th fencing side (including secured the auto gate) and planted thuia trees around the running space.
Read also: Big project – Expanding the 1st Sanctuary
To keep its standards high, the shelter needs maintenance and periodic upgrade!
Click here to read how you can help us provide the best living conditions to our dogs and best working conditions to our volunteers and staff.
NO PayPal account Needed
GuideStar Charity Check
Thank you for putting your donation at good work for the dogs in need!